- Why quit? Is it because I hate my boss or work, I want to pursue my passion, or I want to become my own boss?
- Can I work on my dream venture while doing a full-time job? How much time will it take to launch an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)?
- What are my Plans A and B? What if both fail? Do I have plans C and D?
- How much do I spend monthly? Calculate your present expenses and future expenses.
- How much do I need to support the family in the future? Consider your obligations like marriage, your kid’s education, and the foreign vacation you promised your family.
- How long can I survive without a salary? If you think your venture will start paying you back in one year then save money for yourself for at least two years, because your plans will fail quite often.
Last question to ask yourself. If I quit my job and follow my passion only to have it fail miserably after two or three years of dedicated work, how will I feel? If you feel terrified, then reconsider your decision. We discussed this question in my previous startup. If I failed, I was willing to bear the pain of failure.